It’s easy to move more throughout the day when you know how to spot the opportunities. Every little bit adds up!
Here are some of the simplest ways to do it.
- Start the day with a few light stretches.
- Always park at the far end of lots so you’ll walk extra steps to your destination. (Skip the drive-thrus.)
- Use stairs instead of elevators when possible. (And forget about moving walkways at the airport!)
- Invite coworkers on walking meetings.
- Use a standing desk and make calls when standing or walking.
- Set a timer to remind you to get up and walk every 30 minutes at work or at home.
- Ask friends or dates to do something active together instead of sitting for a meal.
- Dance around when cooking or cleaning the house.
- Never stay seated for a commercial break. Get up and move!
- Go check the mail every day.
- Wear a fitness tracker. It will keep your movement on top of your mind.
- Ask friends to learn/play a new sport with you, such as tennis, pickleball, golf, or badminton.
- Go swimming on those brutally hot summer days.
- Take a walk after dinner (walking is good for digestion!)
- Play with your grandkids!
Steps like these are easy to see when we think a bit creatively. Have fun. And move, move, move – it feels so good.
Tired of not being able to enjoy your favorite activities anymore? Our team of functional aging specialists will help make your favorite activities a possibility again!
We help men and women over 50 feel better, look better, and age actively- because our life isn’t over as we age; in many ways, it’s just beginning!
Interested in changing your life for the better?
Join our 21-Day Strength and Balance program to rediscover everything you’re still capable of!
If you have any questions, call us at (361-857-5087), and we’ll have a chat to find out how we can help YOU!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.