Your Personal Best Fitness Questionnaire
1998 1999 2012
1. Let’s get started..
- Name: Lisa Grace Wright
- Age: 51
- Occupation (job title): Owner/Director of Operations; L.G.W. Fitness Inc. dba Your Personal Best Training Studio and Boomerang Social Media Marketing
- How long have you lived in Corpus Christi? Since 1980
- Are you married? Yes, to a very patient man…John Wills
- Do you have children? (If so please include children’s names and ages) Sarah Kathleen Wright 22 and Holly Maclynn Wright 18
2. Before your transformation, please describe (in detail) your typical day’s eating. I’ve been eating right for 15 plus years, I can only remember foods that stand out.
Breakfast: Pop Tarts
Lunch: Eat out, especially things like Fried Sweet and Sour Chicken lunch plates or Whataburger, fries and a shake.
Dinner: Homemade, fast and easy meals like beans and cornbread or S.O.S. Does anyone remember what this is? (Shit on Shingles….chipped beef and gravy on toast) etc…..
3. Please describe (in detail) how you eat now. Foods, amounts, combinations and times of day.
Breakfast: Coffee, Oatmeal made with Mootopia milk a couple of walnuts, strawberries and blueberries, 1 whole egg and ½ cup of egg whites scrambles. Water and ProPower Liquid vitamin and Omega 3 gel capsule
Mid AM: 1 cup of Mootopia Milk, 1 scoop Pro Power Whey Vanilla Protein and 1 banana.
Lunch: Usually a sandwich or wrap (I use Flatouts) made with lean protein from the night before, spinach, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, a thin avacodo slice and/or any other vegies I may have on hand. Sometimes I have ½ piece of fruit with this or a 4 oz. Greek yogurt and more berries. Water and Omega 3 gel capsule
Mid PM #1: Water and:
- 1 cup of Lactaid Cottage Cheese/Greek yogurt mixture with 1 piece or Cup of fruit or
- 2 Frigo Light Cheese sticks and fruit or
- A Click Mocha or Vanilla Latte Shake made with Mootopia Milk or I make my on Cappuccino shake with left over morning coffee.
- An EAS Myoplex Lite Bar.
Mid PM #2: Water and something from same above list
Late Dinner: Water and a lean protein over a salad with a lot of veggies. Sometimes a light beer if I just got in from cycling. If no cycling, I might have some other carb like a sweet potato, brown rice, fruit, or a couple of whole grain chips if I’m craving something salty.
4. What is your favorite healthy meal? Sometimes John and I go to the Torch and I have the grilled tilapia, broccoli (no cheese), salad and a small glass of Merlot.
5. What is your favorite “free day” food? Margaritas and all the chips and salsa you can eat! I am a margarita snob and won’t waste my calories on just any old margarita.
6. Toughest eating obstacle to overcome? To ALWAYS eat with awareness! The addiction to salt, sugar and fat combinations especially when I feel tired or bummed about something can kick my calorie butt before I realize it. This combination (upon the first bite) releases “Dopamine” which tells the brain “life is good”. If I could stop after the first bite that would be fine but not usually the case for me.
7. Current exercise routine. 45 min. – 1 hour weight training sessions M/W & F (sometimes I swim at Collier Pool on Fridays instead). Cycling: T/Th evenings with a group; Saturdays, 50 – 100 mile long group or event ride and Sunday recovery ride of 25 – 35 miles before church.
8. Favorite benefit of this healthier lifestyle. Energy out the Wazoo! (Wasn’t sure this was really a word, looked it up….oh my, guess I’ll leave it.)
9. Who is your role model? My healthy, active senior clients who are living into their 80s as if they were 50.
10.Why do you exercise? For me, not exercising is not an option? Why don’t people exercise?
11.Who is your workout buddy? Often I train with a mid-morning group of women who has been working out at my studio for years. I love to cycle with the CC Southside cycling group. They adopted me four years ago and I love them all.
12.How long have you exercised regularly? I’ve always been active but exercising formally came to me at about 35 or 36 years old.
13.What is your must-have piece of gear? My Vibram Five Finger (barefoot shoes) with socks when I weight train. I feel lost without my heart rate monitor and cycling computer when I ride. When I swim…..well that would be my goggles, cap and suit.
14. What is your health and fitness advice? I have NIKE’s slogan printed on my Road ID….. “Just Do It”.
Stop making excuses, there is no perfect time except NOW, today and dig deep for a committed reason to never stop!
15.What is your best health or fitness achievement? I have won many medals and trophies in Body Building, 5k, 10k, Half Marathons, Triathlons and Cycling Event completion medallions. My biggest health achievement happens each day when I stop twice for 20 – 30 minutes, get completely quiet, go within and meditate using the Christ Centered Prayer method. The fruits of this twice daily practice sustain everything else in my very active life.
16. What is your current health or fitness goal? Hmmmm…..I probably have more of a bucket list like rafting 250 miles down the Colorado River Grand Canyon or cycling in France.
My business health and fitness goal is to become a motivational international speaker sharing what I have learned about the Body, Mind and Spirit connection for living a healthy and active lifestyle.
17. What is your biggest pet peeve at the gym or otherwise exercising? Clients blowing their noses in our gym towels, muddy gym shoes and people throwing their gum and Kleenex in our recycle bin.
18.What sport would you like to try? I have two: I would like to take a Free Style (several days) swim clinic and really taking swimming seriously. I think this is great way to exercise as we age. I would also like to try Stand up Paddle boarding. (Not sure this sport yet!)
19. How would you spend $100 earmarked for health and fitness? My rear bike light fell off and I need a new one. The LED lights can be rather expensive or another pair of Vibram Five Fingers or a new TYR bathing suit.
20.What is the most exotic locale where you have exercised? Waikoloa, Waikoloa Village, HI
21.What music do you listen to while exercising? Sirius “The Message” Channel 63 when I am alone. The 80’s or Classic Vinyl when I am with the group. I DO NOT listen to music when I am cycling unless my cycling friend, Don is playing the Bee Gee’s.
22.What is your most embarrassing exercising moment? Probably when I passed gas while filming an exercise video with another one of my trainers and the social media girls who work for me. They later posted it on YouTube. Fortunately we were all laughing so hard you can hardly hear the toot!
23.What do you think is the best benefit of exercising and/or eating right? Living younger each year!