Is your body as healthy as you want it to be? Do you feel and move the way you want to over 50 years old? If not, then I’ve got a step-by-step plan to get you into your best shape ever…
Best Shape Ever Step #1: Program Your Mind
Your mind is your number one ally when it comes to achieving your goals. However, until your mind has been programmed for success, it will do more to derail your efforts than to help you.
- Take a few moments each day to visualize yourself in the best health ever. Imagine how it feels to move the way you’ve always wanted to.
- Protect your mind from any negative self-talk. If a negative thought comes to mind, immediately reject it.
- You want to be a healthy size and more fit, and yet you think of yourself as out-of-shape and fat. Re-program your mind to think of yourself as fit and your right size, and you will be well on your way toward achieving your goal.
- Give up the belief that you can’t achieve the health you’ve always dreamed of. See it first in your mind, and then in the mirror.
Best Shape Ever Step #2: Conquer Your Fear
Change makes most of us nervous – even if it is a change in the right direction. You may not be consciously aware of the fear you have of getting into better shape. Until you conquer this fear, your better shape efforts will be blocked by self-sabotage.
Professional speaker and author, Anthony Robbins, has outlined three specific beliefs that you must have in order to conquer your fear and instantly create a lasting change.
- Believe that something MUST change. You can’t be wishy-washy about it. You can’t be considering it. You can’t even be pretty sure about it. You’ve got to be rock solid.
- Believe that YOU must change it. You can’t pass the buck of responsibility and expect to lose weight. It’s on your shoulders. Other people will prove to be great assets in your journey, but in the end, you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this weight loss and better health enough to make it your personal mission.
- Believe you CAN change it. You may have failed in the past, but that doesn’t matter. When you put your mind to it, you’re able to do amazing things. Do you believe that you are capable of being in your best health ever? Once you own the belief that you can, you’ll be unstoppable.
Best Shape Ever Step #3: Lose Your Excuses
Your excuses for being out-of-shape are getting old. An excuse takes less immediate effort than an action, but in the long run, the action taker always has the advantage. Don’t allow excuses to ruin your life any longer.
- Don’t skip out on your responsibilities with excuses, instead expect more from yourself.
- Focus on the big reason why you want to improve your health. Make a list of the benefits you’ll enjoy once you achieve your goal and read them first thing each morning.
- Remember that you can only have two things in life: excuses or results. Which do you want?
Best Shape Ever Step #4: Strengthen Your Commitment
How many times have you tried to get in better shape, only to give up a week or two later? We live in a commitment-phobic world, so it’s no wonder that you routinely abandon your goals. If you truly want to lose weight, then your commitment to the process is a must.
- The margin between success and failure is bridged by your commitment. Don’t give up until your goal has been achieved.
- Treat exercise with the same importance as a work meeting or picking up your grandchildren, and you’ll never skip it at the last minute. Find three available 30-minute time slots in your schedule and mark them on your calendar. Now stick to your schedule.
- If you don’t give up, then you’ll never fail.
Best Shape Ever Step #5: Control Your Diet
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then your weight loss efforts will all be in vain. To put it bluntly, you need to stop eating junk. Processed foods, refined sugar, and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fruits.
- Don’t eat processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
- Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts, and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
Best Shape Ever Step #6: Utilize Your Patience
It takes time to transform your body from unhealthy to fit, even though you want it to happen overnight. Remind yourself that it took time to put the weight on, so it will take time to take the weight off. When you find your patience wavering, or when you encounter a frustrating plateau, do the following:
- Review your goal. Is it specific and measurable? Is it small and attainable, rather than monumental? Focus on your goal when the going gets tough.
- Make each workout a new experience. Challenge your body with different resistance, new exercises and a varied pace.
- Remember that anyone can have one great workout, but that won’t get you into the best health you want. The only way to achieve your goal is by consistently exercising and eating right, plain and simple.
Best Shape Ever Step #7: Build Your Support
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising solo is a recipe for disaster.
- Find a workout partner who is in better health than you, or better yet, work with us, your local certified functional aging specialists, to guarantee your results.
- We’re passionate about seeing our over 50-year-olds achieve results — don’t waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
- When you start a program with us, you suddenly have the upper hand on weight loss. We’ll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin to move better, feel better and age actively getting in your best shape ever!
Call or email today to schedule your first workout. Not local, find a Certified Functional Aging Specialist near you TODAY. http://bit.ly/2HDP4am