These are a treat. So light, fresh, and easy to make. From Delicious Heart Healthy Eating.
- 1 C carrots, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 C bean sprouts
- 2 C cucumber, seeded and cut into long, thin strips
- 1 C minced scallions
- ½ C chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ C chopped fresh mint
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- Toss first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Soak one rice paper wrapper in warm water until soft (1 to 2 minutes). Shake off excess water.
- Place vegetable filling off-center on rice paper, and fold like an egg roll (tuck in the sides to keep the filling inside).
- Repeat with remaining vegetable filling and rice paper wrappers.
- Once you have assembled all of the spring rolls, serve immediately.
70 calories, 1g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 28m sodium, 2g fiber, 3g protein, 16g carbohydrates