This all-American pasta salad gets a healthy boost from summer’s vegetable bounty. Don’t limit yourself to just tomatoes, corn and zucchini — string beans and cucumber could also find a happy home here. From the Food Network.
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces dry cavatappi
- Quarter of a red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons dry mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or fresh chives
- 1 ear of corn, husked and kernels cut from the cob (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into a small dice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cavatappi and cook according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, soak the onion in cold water for 5 minutes and then drain.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, drained red onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper until smooth.
- Add the cooked cavatappi, tomatoes, dill, corn and zucchini to the dressing and stir to coat.
320 calories; 16g fat; 3g sat fat; 15mg chol; 230mg sodium; 37g carbs; 3g fiber; 6g protein; 5g sugar