A light and flavorful pumpkin veggie burger with white beans and quinoa. Both vegan and gluten-free and bursting with fresh fall flavors like sage and rosemary. Quinoa flour and gluten-free breadcrumbs imitate the burger consistency. Makes six servings of 187 calories each.
- 2 cups boiled cubed pumpkin
- 1 can white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 head oven-roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs plus more for dredging
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil more as needed for cooking
- In a food processor combine pumpkin, white beans, garlic, chia, salt, sage, and rosemary. Pulse a few times until everything is broken up and mixed.
- Place mixture in a large bowl and add quinoa, red onion, quinoa flour, and gluten-free panko. Mix until smooth.
- Freeze mixture for 30 minutes (to help the patties firm up and stay together while cooking).
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan and form a large handful of the mixture into circular round patties. Lightly dredge in additional panko breadcrumbs and pan-fry on both sides for a few minutes until browned. Repeat with remaining veggie burger mix.
- Serve over salad or on gluten-free bread with tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and hummus.
From Country Living