Just seven ingredients and 30 minutes are all it takes to make this healthy, high-protein dinner.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 5-6 cups florets)
- 1 frozen steam bag broccoli (12-14 ounce size)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90/10)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Trim the head of cauliflower to just florets, removing large stalks and outer leaves. A medium head of cauliflower should give you about 5-6 cups of trimmed cauliflower. (Keep in mind a little more, or a little less won’t hurt this recipe, so don’t worry about being super precise.)
2. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor. Press the pulse button just a few times until the cauliflower roughly resembles the appearance of rice (it doesn’t take long). Set aside.
3. Place frozen broccoli in the microwave and cook according to package directions.
4. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. If skillet tends to stick, give a quick shot of cooking spray. Add ground beef and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until beef is brown.
5. When beef is brown, add garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and the steamed broccoli. Stir together and cook for 1 minute.
6. Pour cauliflower rice into the skillet and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until cauliflower rice is tender and everything is well combined. Top with green onions and enjoy.
Per serving; makes 4 servings
330 calories, 12g fat, 5g sat fat, 683 mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 16g sugar, 29g protein
From Snacking in Sneakers