An herby, fresh vegan power salad featuring cauliflower, apples, shallots, roasted spiced chickpeas, and a quick grainy mustard dressing. From Pinch of Yum.
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- chili powder, salt, and pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- a handful of parsley and mint, chopped
- 2 firm avocados, cut into chunks
- Jar Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- juice and zest of one lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chickpeas: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Roast for 20-30 minutes until crispy and browned.
- Cauliflower Prep: Working in batches, run the cauliflower florets through a food processor until you get “rice” – it should take about 20-30 pulses.
- Dressing: Shake up all the ingredients in a jar, or whisk together. Taste and adjust.
- Assembly: Toss everything together.
Calories Per Serving: 484