Have you heard about the social media craze around Tik Tok’s baked feta pasta? We’ve tried to come up with a reasonably healthy alternative, and this does a good job — although you’ll have to decide for yourself if the fat content is worth the indulgence! It’s easy and yummy, and WAY healthier than most versions. From Sammi Brondo.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 8-ounce block feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces chickpea pasta, any shape
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out inner flesh and seeds.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on spaghetti squash and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until a fork can easily pierce through the skin.
- While spaghetti squash is in the oven, add tomatoes to a baking dish. Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup olive oil over tomatoes and add garlic, salt, and pepper. Move tomatoes to the edges of the dish and place the block of feta in the center.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until tomatoes burst and feta is nearly melted. Once done, turn the oven to broil and broil for an additional 5 minutes.
- While tomatoes and feta are in the oven, cook and drain the pasta.
- Remove tomatoes and feta from the oven and mix well. Scrape strands from the spaghetti squash and add 1/2 of the squash to the baking dish. Add the pasta and mix well to combine. Garnish with fresh chopped basil.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Per serving. Makes 4.
502 calories, 13g protein, 56.5g fat, 32g carbohydrates