Yes, it is possible to enjoy Spaghetti night while living a fit and lean lifestyle. This is accomplished with noodles made from fresh zucchini and a sauce that is simply made and packed with protein. Feel free to sub in ground beef for the minced beef if desired.
What you need
- 2 lbs minced, grass-fed beef
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 zucchini
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
1. In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium-high heat. Drain the skillet and turn down to medium heat.
2. Add in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, chili, cherry tomatoes and sea salt. Mix to combine. Sauté until the cherry tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Peel the green skins from the zucchini, the run through a spiral slicer to create long, thin spaghetti noodles.
4. Plate a handful of zucchini noodles topped with the beef sauce and a sprinkle of parsley.
255 calories, 7g fat, 9g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 33g protein.