Occupation: Co-owner and Director of Operations at YPB with a Bachelors in Exercise Science from TAMUCC
Certifications: Personal Trainer Certification with ACE (American College of Exercise), FAS-Certified Functional Aging Specialist, CPR though American Heart Association.
How long have you lived in Corpus Christi? I’ve lived in Corpus since 2008. I came to school here, and after I graduated, I decided to stay here.
Are you married? I am not married but currently am in a relationship that I have been in for over 3 years
Do you have children? I do not biologically, but I am in a serious relationship with my girlfriend Amanda who actually has two kids.
1. What is your favorite healthy meal?Favorite healthy meal would have to be my own cooked Chicken with broccoli, avocado, and rice all mixed together!
2. What is your favorite “free day” food? My favorite “free day” food always has to involve steak!!!
3. Favorite benefit of this healthier lifestyle. The best benefit for me from this healthier lifestyle is that it allows me to do the things I love to do!
This would include playing flag football and basketball.
4. Why do you exercise? I typically exercise because I love to do it!
It gets my week going, destresses my body, and it keeps me in great shape.
5. Toughest eating obstacle to overcome? Being with friends for an extended time makes it challenging at times. It is great to be with them, but I would want to spend as much time with them as possible fast food places are always preferred over something cooked.
6. Current exercise routine. I typically work out about 5 to 6 times a week, with 4 of those days specifically driven by strength workouts. On Thursdays, I usually like to play basketball or football to change things up a bit. I also do play flag football on most Saturdays, but I would consider it more fun than an actual workout. Most of my workouts are done late at night here at the training studio, which I love!
7. What is your most embarrassing exercising moment? On rare occasions, for some reason, I am lifting weights, and one side feels heavier than the other side. Come to realize after the set that there IS more weight on one side than the other. My excuse for it is that I am trying a new type of resistance workout.
8. What do you think is the best benefit of exercising and eating right? Your heart, research has shown that people may prevent and entirely avoid heart strokes if they eat healthily and exercise regularly.