Occupation: YPB Administrative Assistant
TAMUCC Student – Finishing a Bachelor’s in Psychology at Texas A&M
Interests Are: Pursuing a healthy and enriching lifestyle has always been a priority of mine.
My father grew up on a farm and told fond memories of fresh food and living simply, which he carried on throughout his life as a military man. I thank him for many of my attributes, especially the love I found for the outdoors and being active. As an undergrad, I competed in Cross Country and Track on a collegiate level.
Since moving to Corpus Christi in 2017, I have had the privilege of participating in many other forms of physical fitness, such as CrossFit, boxing, and jiu-jitsu, to name a few. In addition, I am an artist and visionary – in my spare time, I enjoy creating original artwork, writing novels and poetry, and gardening (my space is running over with pepper and tomato plants, and I love it!)
- I am adaptable and strive to accommodate others
- I am a visionary – if I can give it a creative twist, I will
- I am determined (There is always a way to achieve what you want to!)
- I enjoy dynamic and changing environments
- I enjoy working around others and seeing life happen around me
How long have you lived in The Coastal Bend? I moved to Corpus Christi in 2017, two days before Hurricane Harvey. I had no idea it was coming until my grandfather called me and told me to leave.
Are you married? No
Do you have children? If pets count, I have four.
- What is your favorite healthy meal? I am a fan of anything with arugula (and I am currently growing it in my garden!) I also enjoy grilled meat and veggies.
- What is your favorite “free day” food? I love a good steak with plenty of sides.
- Favorite benefit of this healthier lifestyle. When you live healthier, it pours into all areas of your life. Happiness begins with your center and taking care of your body.
- Why do you exercise? The “feel good” factor! I also love to see the results.
- Toughest eating obstacle to overcome? I am on the go so often I have to make sure I am getting in enough calories.
- My Current exercise routine is chasing my rabbit around the house when his free time is over.
- What is your most embarrassing exercising moment? When I was in high school, at a cross country meet, someone opened the door to a port-a-potty I was in. (It wouldn’t lock)
- What is the best benefit of exercising and eating well? Knowing you are treating your body right.