Occupation: YPB Client Happiness Specialist / Administration
TAMUCC Bachelors in Biology.
Minor in Marine Biology.
Occupation: I have worked in various guest services positions for the past 6 years, including a managerial position at a high-end beach resort in Port Aransas, TX. I love the opportunity to meet different types of people and hear their stories- but most of all, I enjoy making sure everyone is having fun!
Interests Are: My passions lie in nature, where I spend most of my free-time birding, surfing, scuba diving, creating art, and writing! I’ve lived in every corner of Texas, and have traveled to every continent (except Antarctica)! I love exchanging stories and discovering new perspectives on life’s everyday wonders. I practice QiGong and am a two-time State qualifying tennis player, anyone up for a match?
- Innovation (I love finding new solutions!)
- Writing literature and published articles
How long have you lived in The Coastal Bend? I was born in Corpus Christi and lived in Rockport for 5 years. Since, I’ve lived in Centerpoint, Comfort, Nixon, Midlothian, and Goliad. I have been back in Corpus for the past 4 years.
Are you married? No
Do you have children? I have a Maine Coone… It’s safe to say he requires just as much attention as a child.
- What is your favorite healthy meal? I love making a quick smoothie with frozen fruit and greek yogurt. I’ve found that freezing sliced bananas before blending gives the smoothie that “ice cream” texture!
- What is your favorite “free day” food? Crawfish etouffee!
- Your favorite benefit of this healthier lifestyle. Higher levels of energy, happiness, and motivation.
- Why do you exercise? I exercise so that when the end of the day comes, I feel content with my health and know I’m doing everything I can to take care of my body.
- Toughest eating obstacle to overcome? Turning down a good burger after surfing all day at the beach is always tricky.
- Current exercise routine. QiGong exercises and breathing meditations every morning, along with the occasional pilates.
- What is your most embarrassing exercising moment? One time in middle school, I had to run laps outside around our field. There were these big blue barrels on every corner. As I turned my 2nd corner, I cut a little too close to the barrel, and a loose wire snagged the hem of my pants and ripped them alllll the way down one leg. I didn’t realize until I was at the finish thinking, “Wow, this breeze is really nice!”
- What is the best benefit of exercising and eating right? When we care for our bodies, every other aspect of our life becomes easier.