At YPB Training Studio, we believe exercise should support the things you are passionate about doing for the rest of your life. Functional Fitness is a unique methodology designed with long term lifestyle needs in mind.
In the end, it comes down to helping you do the things you need to do, the stuff you enjoy doing, and the things you hope to do with greater ease, enjoyment, and less pain. At YPB, you’ll discover why “older adult” and “senior fitness” programs are not well designed and are often somewhat dysfunctional concerning the aging process.
Let’s be honest. You want a fitness program that is fun, short, simple, and allows you to pursue life with more energy, strength, and passion. Our training techniques are proven to decrease pain, increase strength, and improve balance at any age or functional level.
Come, “meet up” with other like-minded, active individuals who are interested in living their BEST YEARS YET!
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Come early; we WILL start on time.
• Plan to get an appropriate workout, especially as a beginner. As specialists, we motivate you to work a little harder than you might think you can. Realize this is for your good. To achieve high-quality results, we need high-quality effort.
• Please communicate with us! If something hurts or if you feel something isn’t quite right, don’t try to push through the pain, tell us.
• A little soreness the next day is normal. Our goal is not to make you hurt, but if you haven’t exercised in a while, expected. Mild pain should be in your muscles, not in your joints. We anticipate your leg muscles might get sore, and we don’t want your knee or hip joints to be irritated.
• Please drink water: before, during, and after your session.
• Please eat at a reasonable time before your session. A piece of fruit 30 minutes to 1 hour works well for pre-workout a full stomach, or empty stomach doesn’t
• Think of exercise as the best thing you do for your body and your physical well-being. It should restore, replenish, and revitalize you, even if it exhausts you. Prioritize exercise for your physical health.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When does YPB meet?
Our small groups of 6-8 people meet Monday-Saturday for 30 min sessions most all day.
Why 30 min sessions?
You don’t have to worry about fitting in fitness. Come in, exercise, and get it done! Very safe, effective, not time-consuming, and calorie burning even after your workout is over.
Why exercise in a small group?
For social benefits, cheaper, more fun, exciting, motivating, providing accountability, friendship, and individualized attention. Small groups allow us to address your individual needs, conditions, and goals. When performing an exercise, the trainer will tell you the best way to do an activity, which might differ from how others in the group are it.
What kind of results should I expect?
More energy, stronger, and more confident. Results based on what our clients tell us are improving in their lives. Like climbing stairs more comfortably, playing better golf, able to get down on the floor with the grandchildren, gardening, you know what activities and tasks matter most to you — all of this and more with less pain and discomfort.
Will I lose weight?
Weight loss is not the focus of our program. We are not trying to get you back into your “skinny jeans” or give you “six-pack abs,” but we provide you with the tools so that you can lose weight.
Can I do YPB if I have health conditions?
If you have health conditions, then you NEED us! Proper exercise is the #1 recommendation for almost all chronic diseases and conditions like osteoarthritis and hypertension. We help you exercise safely and individualize the workouts based on any pre-existing conditions.
How is YPB different than other gyms or fitness programs?
Our complete focus is on the needs, concerns, and goals of the mature adult and is challenging to capture in words. There is nothing like it anywhere else in the Coastal Bend.