Nothing beats the smell of bubbling fruits mixed with fragrant spices and fresh lemon juice wafting through your home. Heart-healthy almonds and oats give this warm and satisfying dish just the right amount of crunch. Warm Berry Crisp may be the perfect dessert to satisfy your craving for something sweet.
Warning: a half cup is a serving! 😉
- 5 cups mixed fresh blueberries and raspberries (4 6-ounce containers)
- 2-tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2-tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick or instant oats)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-tablespoon honey
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together the blueberries, raspberries and lemon juice. Transfer to a 1½ -quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds, coconut, oats, nutmeg, cinnamon, and honey. Use your fingertips to combine, and then sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Bake until the crisp topping is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition information per serving
Serving size: about a half cup
Calories 120, Total fat 4.5g, Saturated fat 1.5g, Trans fat 0g, Protein 3g, Total Carbohydrate 22g, Fiber 5g, Sugar 12g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 0mg
From the Cleveland Clinic