Slow cooker recipes like this one are fantastic for two reasons. First, it’s a nearly effortless meal. Throw everything into the slow cooker in the morning, and then come home to a hot meal in the evening. Isn’t that pretty much like having a personal chef?
Second, there’s a lot of flexibility in the ingredients you can use in a recipe like this. Don’t have butternut squash? Use pretty much any other type of winter squash or even sweet potato. Don’t have chicken thighs? Sub in beef or pork. No onions but have a bunch of bell peppers? Chop ’em up and throw ’em in!
Planning ahead by making dinner in the slow cooker is a fantastic way to stay on track with your healthy eating plan.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 cups Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients except the parsley and naan in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve hot. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 315 calories, 11g fat, 695mg sodium, 7g sugar, 22g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 33g protein