I have an exciting recipe for you to try today that’s almost too tasty to be healthy. By cooking these phenomenal sweet potato steak fries in the oven, you’re able to enjoy your favorite side dish without the guilt!
You won’t even notice that these fries are baked and not fried – the flavors are THAT good! By baking at a very high oven temp – 500 degrees F – and by heating up the pan beforehand, these fries get crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, just like a steak fry should be! Make lots and enjoy!
What You Need
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Place a nonstick baking sheet in the oven.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into ½ – ¼ inch wedges. Place in a large bowl.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the coconut oil, salt, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix until evenly coated.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and arrange the sweet potato wedges in an even layer. Return to the oven for 8 minutes, remove and flip all of the fries. Bake for an additional 6-10 minutes, until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Serve with a side of ketchup. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 182 calories, 7g fat, 478mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 1g sugar and 2g protein