This Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken tops my list of favorite ways to prepare chicken breast. It requires minimal time and effort and results in moist, tender, flavorful chicken that could compete with just about any fancy dish. All while providing superb nutrition to keep you fit, lean and in control of your health.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 3 yellow or red onions, quartered and sliced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme, minced
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Parsley, minced for garnish
- Place the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with the chicken. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, broth, stevia, both mustards, thyme, oregano, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and sprinkle with the garlic.
- Cover and cook on high, until it is tender, for 4-5 hours. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken – Nutritional Analysis
One serving equals: 130 calories, 2g fat, 4g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 350mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 26g protein.