Here’s a simple and light version of tuna salad. It cuts out high-calorie mayonnaise and adds some chopped fruit and vegetables to really liven it up. This is a great tuna salad recipe to enjoy as you journey towards your fitness goal.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 2 green onions, tops only, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cans albacore tuna, in drained
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup red grapes, halved
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Tuna Salad Instructions
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and serve immediately. I like to serve this salad in large butter lettuce leaves or scooped onto avocado halves. Enjoy!
One serving equals 314 calories, 15g fat, 12g carbohydrate, 183mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 33g protein.