Vegetables are an important part of a healthy, balanced diet. You won’t find a recipe that as simple and delicious as this one for roasted vegetables. It’s a classic!
I like to leave the root veggies undisturbed when adding the green beans, so that they have one really nicely charred side to them at the end of the cook time. The onions become mouthwateringly tender.
Feel free to use other veggies, such as sweet potato, beets, cauliflower, or bell peppers.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 8 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- ½ pound green beans, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the parsnips, carrots and onion with the olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the green beans on top of the roasting veggies and place back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Mix the veggies together and serve. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 95 calories, 3g fat, 18g carbohydrate, 7g sugar, 138mg sodium, 5g fiber, and 2g protein.