Shrimp Scampi is a favorite item on many seafood restaurant menus and certainly is for my husband Rick and me. Using this recipe, we enjoy the dish frequently at home in a healthy yet flavorful way. It is a quick, easy recipe which we can make together as we catch up on the day after work; or one we can make for guests. Try the recipe and add the seasoning to your personal taste, if you like, such as extra garlic, fresh Basil, and/or Parsley. We use whole wheat angel hair pasta, add a green salad and sit down for a healthy, delicious, aromatic treat. So head to the grocery store; purchase the ingredients you might need; and Enjoy!!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
- 4 oz. Uncooked Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 lb Raw Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 3 T Butter Buds, Divided
- 3 T White Wine (or Chicken Broth)
- 1/4 t Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Lemon, Halved
- 3 T Reduced-Fat Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 T Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Prepare penne pasta according to its package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and garlic in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until it’s almost pink (3/4 done), about 2 min.
- Add 1 T Butter Buds and white wine to shrimp; saute about 2 more minutes.
- Place cooked pasta in large mixing bowl and combine with remainder of the Butter Buds and black pepper; mix gently
- Add cooked shrimp to pasta and gently mix it all together.
- Divide into two portions and spoon onto plates. Top with a squeeze of lemon, Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 292.9
- Total Fat: 10.6 g
- Cholesterol: 247.5 mg
- Sodium: 642.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 21.6 g