Healthy pancakes? Oh, yes. Protein powder is great for all kinds of healthy recipes like this one. And there’s no need to douse these griddlecakes in loads of sugary syrup. They’re already tasty and sweet enough. Follow the recipe below to serve up some guilt-free sweet treats.
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup beets, cut into cubes
- One scoop Muscle Milk natural chocolate protein (or any brand)
- Heat greased skillet on medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Pour into the heated skillet.
- Once bubbles form and one side is golden brown underneath, flip the pancakes.
- Cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter or cream cheese whipped with agave nectar.
Nutritional Info: Makes 1 serving, Calories, 327, Carbs, 40g, Protein, 27g, Fat, 7g