Breakfast is the most influential meal of the day. If you start your day with sugary pastries or a greasy breakfast sandwich, the rest of your food choices will follow suit.
However, when you start your morning with a wholesome and nutritious meal you’ll be more likely to continue with good choices throughout the day. Enjoy this recipe for Pumpkin & Zucchini Muffin is a nutritious start to your day.
Don’t let the rich flavor and mouthwatering moistness of these muffins fool you. You’ll have a hard time convincing anyone, but this recipe was modified to include less fat and sugar than the original.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What You Need
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup raw honey
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 7 oz applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a mini muffin pan with paper baking cups, or use non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs and honey. Add pumpkin, melted coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in the zucchini.
- Pour into muffin tins, sprinkle the tops with chopped walnuts. Bake for 10-20 minutes or until you can poke a toothpick in a muffin and it comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
One muffin equals 92 calories, 3g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 1.5g fiber, and 2g protein.