Pumpkin is easily the most anticipated flavor of the season…and I’ve got you covered with this fun, fitness recipe for Pumpkin Protein Bonbons! This is hands down the most delicious and guilt-free way to get your pumpkin fix…
Make a batch of these high-protein treats and store them in the freezer for a delicious after-dinner treat.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What You Need
- 1 cup coconut flour
- One cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Half cup almond butter, creamy
- ¼ cup plus 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons liquid stevia
- ½ cup dark, stevia-sweetened chocolate (Lily’s brand)
- Find a rimmed pan that will fit in your freezer and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut flour, vanilla protein, canned pumpkin, almond butter, ¼ cup of the coconut oil, vanilla extract and stevia. Mix well and if needed add another Tablespoon of coconut oil. Form into 32 balls.
- Place the balls on the prepared pan and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a double boiler, gently melt the dark chocolate and remaining coconut oil. Remove the pumpkin balls from the freezer and one-by-one roll in the melted chocolate. Return the coated balls to the freezer for 10 minutes. Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the tops of the bonbons in a nice design. Store in the freezer for up to a month and in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 120 calories, 7g fat, 6g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 97mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 8g protein