We’re back from our Functional Aging Institute Mastermind trip to San Diego, CA! It was a lot of coaching for me and listening for Marcia and Juan. Next week, (once we’ve processed all that’s in our heads) I’m going to share some of our biggest take-a-ways and thoughts about this past trip with you!
Today, I want to talk about something REALLY important….
You hear ALL of the time how important it is to take MASSIVE ACTION with your health and fitness.
And I couldn’t agree more. Without taking action, you’re not going to get anywhere.
However- I do believe there’s a time when you should NOT take massive action or make any big decisions with your health (or life in general). If you do- you might just end up really far down the WRONG path.
If you’re making decisions or are operating from a place of FEAR or SCARCITY… it will NOT lead you to the results you want. There’s a powerful reason behind this that I’ll get to in a moment.
First, here are some signs you may be stuck in a scarcity-based mindset:
- Constantly feeling like there’s not enough time, money, resources and/or support from your loved ones.
- Feeling overwhelmed by all the things you think you SHOULD do and barely have time to get to things you think you MUST do.
- Waiting for the perfect situation to line up before you take action.
- Stressed, tired, and your motivation is lagging.
- Knowing something has to change, but you don’t know exactly what it is or how to do it.
One of the best 1-liners I’ve heard lately is this:
“When you’ve got an abundant and positive mindset, NOTHING is a problem. When you’re in a negative mindset- EVERYTHING is a problem.”
This couldn’t be truer and has definitely been my experience.
Having an abundance mindset is believing that you are created as more than enough, you have more than enough, and more than enough is coming to you in the future. – Scott Epps
If you are focused on what you don’t have or what you’re scared of, you won’t make great decisions in your life. In fact, there’s a good chance you’ll even attract what you’re most worried about.
Instead of focusing on what you DON’T have, focus on what you DO have, and on what’s POSSIBLE.
There are many mindset books on the market from Money & the Law of Attraction (by Hicks) to Everything Belongs (by Rohr) or a personal favorite, The Go-Giver Series (by Burg and Mann). (I recommend the Audible versions.)
I’m warning you ahead of time that at least one of these books is weird and “woo woo,” but if you need a mindset shift- find a book that your consciousness can relate to and outline some practical and effective strategies to get you to a positive mindset that will actually move you into better health.
So- if you’ve got any big (or small) decisions coming up (and yes- how you spend your time IS a decision)…. then pay close attention to what’s going on in your head, first.
Don’t make any decisions until you give yourself a “mindset check.” If you need a little instant pick-me-up, try one of these:
- Get inspired by nature- go for a hike, go to the beach, get outside
- Feed your soul – meditate or pray
- Work out- if you’re over 50, call or email me for this (we even have our workouts on-line now)
- Give more (this action is HUGE!)
- Change up your morning ritual
- Practice gratitude more often
- Go to a high-end hotel and do your mindset work there
- Listen to your favorite music
- Change your inner circle to include positive people who support you
Your mind, like anything else, needs conditioning.
You need to practice and train yourself to THINK from a place of abundance and gratitude on a daily basis.
By working from a place of abundance, you’ll take higher quality actions that’ll help you build the healthy life YOU want and deserve.
Make TODAY an awesome and productive day,
Yours in Health and Fitness,