Occupation: Director of Operations at YPB with a Bachelors in Exercise Science from TAMUCC
Certifications: Personal Trainer Certification with ACE (American College of Exercise), FAS-Functional Aging Specialist
How long have you lived in Corpus Christi? I’ve lived in Corpus since 2008. I came to school here and after I graduated, I decided to stay here.
Are you married? No, but hopefully in the near future I will be.
Do you have children? I do not biologically but, I am in a serious relationship with my girlfriend Amanda who actually has two kids of her own.
1. What is your favorite healthy meal? I like to keep it simple and create my own chicken bowl with rice,
broccoli, and avocado.
2. What is your favorite “free day” food? Can’t go wrong with a steak!
3. Favorite benefit of this healthier lifestyle. Looking and feeling good! Love to feel confident in my own skin.
4. Why do you exercise? Exercise helps me release stress and I actually enjoy working out. Always keeps me striving for new goals.
5. Toughest eating obstacle to overcome? Being with friends for a long period of time makes it tough at times. It is great to be with them, but since I would want to spend as much time with them as possible fast food places is always preferred over something cooked.
6. Current exercise routine. I typically work out about 5 to 6 times a week with 4 of those days being specifically driven by strength workouts. On Thursdays, I usually like to play basketball or football just to change things up a bit. I also do play flag football on most Saturdays but I would consider that more towards being fun rather than an actual workout. To be honest, most of my workouts are done late at night here at the training studio which I really love!
7. What is your most embarrassing exercising moment? In rare occasion, for some reason, I am lifting weights and one side feels heavier than the other side. Come to realize after the set that there is actually more weight on one side than the other. My excuse for it is that I am trying a new type of resistance workout.
8. What do you think is the best benefit of exercising and/or eating right? Your heart, research has actually shown that people may prevent and fully avoid heart strokes if they eat healthy and exercise regularly.