Here’s a salad recipe with Arugula and Quinoa that serves as an entire meal. It’s filled with fresh ingredients that increase your fiber count for the day. The simple dressing tastes fantastic. Add a grilled chicken breast to increase the protein in the dish and enjoy leftover for lunch the next day. Enjoy this Mediterranean Salad with Arugula and Quinoa!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the Salad with Arugula and Quinoa:
- 8 cups Baby Arugula
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup celery, minced
- 1 heirloom tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar. Close the lid and shake until fully combined.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve immediately. Enjoy!
One serving equals 196 calories, 8g fat, 25g carbohydrate, 262mg sodium, 1g sugar, 4g fiber, and 7g protein.