Latin American flavors come alive in this festive beef dish with pineapple salsa. Suggested pairing: a side salad of romaine lettuce, tomato, and other vegetables
- Vegetable oil, ½ tbsp
- Beef tenderloin roast, 16 oz
- Canned diced pineapple in fruit juice, chopped into small pieces, ½ cup
- Minced red onion, ¼ cup
- Fresh cilantro rinsed, dried and chopped, 2 tsp
- Lemon juice, 1 tbsp
- Ground black pepper, 1 tsp
- Ground coriander, 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon, 1 tbsp
- Ground allspice, ¼ tsp
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened), 1 tbsp
- Chili powder, 2 tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Preheat oven to 375
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients and toss well. Let sit for 10–15 minutes to marinate while preparing the seasoning and cooking the meat.
- For the beef tenderloin seasoning, combine all ingredients. Lightly oil the tenderloin and spread an even layer of the dry seasoning over the entire roast.
- Place the seasoned roast on a roasting or broiling pan and roast for 10–15 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 F). Let cool for 5 minutes before carving into 16 slices (1 ounce each).
- Serve four slices of the tenderloin with 1⁄4 cup salsa on the side.
215 calories; 9g fat; 3g saturated fat; 67mg cholesterol; 226mg sodium; 2g fiber; 25g protein; 9g carbohydrates; 451mg potassium