These grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free pancakes from the Cleveland Clinic are a guilt-free treat. They’re easy to make, and the whole family will love them.
- 3 large omega-3 eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- coconut oil, for greasing the skillet (about ¼ cup)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- ½ cup arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until well-blended. In a separate bowl, mix the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and arrowroot. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, ¼ cup at a time, while continuously whisking. Once combined, gently fold in the walnuts.
- Grease a large skillet and place over medium heat until hot. Use a ladle to pour 3-inch pancakes onto the skillet. Cook until bubbles appear, then flip. The pancake should cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat with rest of the batter. Add a tablespoon or more of coconut oil to the hot griddle, as needed.
- Make a blueberry sauce by simmering the blueberries in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water for 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, place 3 pancakes on a plate and top each stack with the blueberry sauce.
Makes 2-3 servings
Total Fat 19 g
Protein 12 g
Fiber 14 g
Sugar 14 g
Sodium 416 mg