Wondering what to do with local, organic fresh grown fruit? Let’s turn it into a guilt-free cobbler!
Most cobbler recipes are laden with extra sugar and fattening crusts, but not this recipe. I used peaches, but feel free to substitute with apples or pears. Traditional cobblers and pies are filled with fat and sugar – this recipe is much lighter but will satisfy your sweet tooth just as well.
What You Need
- 1 sweet, ripe peach (or apple or pear)
- coconut cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground cinnamon
1. Wash, peel and pit the peach. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
2. Pre-heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Spray lightly with coconut cooking spray.
3. Sauté the peach pieces for about a minute, then add the agave nectar, salt and cinnamon. Continue to sauté for another few minutes until it turns a deep golden color.
4. Serve and enjoy immediately!
One serving equals: 53 calories, .2g fat, 100mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 1.8g fiber, and 1g protein.