This garlic mashed cauliflower with kale recipe is a really lightened up replacement for mashed potatoes, with the enhanced flavors of garlic and kale. It’s incredibly quick and simple to throw this side dish together, and there are many ways in which the flavor could be tweaked and adjusted to your liking.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 Tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chives, snipped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and chop the stem. Stem the kale and chop the leaves.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic to the boiling water for 8 minutes. Stir in the kale and continue to boil for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Place the drained cauliflower, kale and garlic in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Pulse until a creamy consistency is reached. Taste for salt and add more as needed. Enjoy
One serving equals: 76 calories, 5g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 112mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 3g protein.