Here’s an easy meal that epitomizes lean eating! It’s a simple skillet dish that doesn’t require any highfalutin kitchen skills, yet turns out tasting phenomenal! So often healthy eating is brushed off in favor of a quicker, easier option – however with a recipe this simple there’s simply no excuse to put off eating healthy any longer.
Scroll down and purchase the ingredients below. Then get home, pull out your favorite skillet, and start cooking. In about 30 minutes you will be done, your home will be filled with yummy food smells, and the family will gather to enjoy a scrumptious, lean-body meal that gets you all one step closer to your fitness goals. Don’t wait, let’s do this now!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What You Need
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- A yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 cup butternut squash, finely diced
- 7oz can, Hatch, green diced chiles
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- lean ground turkey (1 lb)
- 1 cup egg whites
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the olive oil and garlic until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until tender. Add the Brussels Sprouts, butternut squash, and diced chiles and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove the veggies from the skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- In a large bowl combine the chili powder, cumin and smoked paprika. Add the ground turkey and use your hands to work the spices into the meat. Return the skillet to medium high heat and add the turkey. Cook, stirring often and breaking the turkey into small pieces, until no pink remains. Add the veggies back in. Stir well and pour in the egg whites. Cook, stirring continuously, until the egg whites are set. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
One serving equals 139 calories, 5g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 126mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 16g protein.