Enjoy this Fennel, Celery and Green Apple Slaw Serve alongside a portion of lean protein for the perfect, fitness approved meal.
Here’s a light and refreshing salad that’s filled with healthy fiber. Getting enough fiber is an important part of being healthy and fit.
Fresh tarragon, fennel and lemon juice lend vibrant flavors, eliminating the need for fattening, store bought salad dressing.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What You Need
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- zest from
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 celery sticks plus the leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, plus the fronds
- 1 green apple
- dash of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, lemon juice and zest. Set aside.
- Using a mandoline slicer on the thinnest setting, thinly slice the celery, fennel bulb and green apple. Place in a medium bowl. Chop the celery leaves and fennel fronds and add to the bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
One serving equals 219 calories, 14g fat, 192mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 3g protein