Fresh tarragon, fennel, and lemon juice lend vibrant flavors, eliminating the need for fattening, store-bought salad dressing. Enjoy alongside a portion of lean protein for the perfect, fitness approved meal.
What you need
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 celery sticks plus the leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, plus the fronds
- 1 green apple
- dash of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, lemon juice, and zest. Set aside.
- Using a mandoline slicer on the thinnest setting, thinly slice the celery, fennel bulb, and green apple. Place in a medium bowl. Chop the celery leaves and fennel fronds and add to the dish.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
One serving equals 219 calories, 14g fat, 192mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 3g protein