Here is a recipe for powerhouse egg white bites that will get your day started off right! These protein-filled morsels are easy to pack with you for breakfast on-the-road and last most of the week in the fridge. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
- 8 egg whites
- ¼ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh scallions, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 16 mini muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a blender combine the egg whites, cottage cheese, nutritional yeast, sea salt and coconut flour. Blend until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Evenly fill each of the 16 mini muffin tins with the egg white mixture. Bake in the pre- heated oven for 15 minutes, until set.
One mini muffin equals: 32 calories, 1g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 64 mg sodium, 1g sugar, and 4g protein.