Today I’m sharing a healthy recipe with you that will please your taste buds while taking you one step closer to achieving your fitness goals. This curried chicken and veggie dish is light and delicious. Yogurt and curry flavors blend for an enjoyable new chicken experience. Enjoy it as a tasty lunch or a protein packed dinner.
All of that hard work that you put into your workouts can quickly and easily be lost on unhealthy eating – which is why it’s so important to enjoy light, protein-filled meals like this one.
What You Need
- 5 oz boneless raw chicken breast, diced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 cups raw mushrooms, sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups China peas
- 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Put 2 teaspoons olive oil and the diced chicken in a non-stick pan. Cook chicken until browned, then add chicken broth, yogurt, curry powder and cornstarch, stir constantly. Heat until thick sauce forms, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking put 2 teaspoons olive oil, mushrooms, bell peppers, and china peas in another non-stick pan. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Place an equal amount of vegetable on 2 plates and top with equal amounts of chicken.
One serving equals: 373 calories, 13g fat, 35g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 32g protein.