Here’s a recipe to use those little decorative pumpkins that fill the market this time of year. It’s possible to turn these pumpkins into a quick and yummy dessert.
Here’s the sweet and creamy dessert recipe for baking small pumpkins with coconut oil, cinnamon and a touch of coconut sugar. Eat this wholesome dessert instead of all that seasonal candy to stay on track with your fitness goals!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 mini baking pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a small casserole pan with ¼ inch of water.
- Carefully cut the top off the pumpkin, so that you can set the top back on for baking. Scrape out the seeds and pulp.
- Pour the melted coconut oil into the pumpkin. Sprinkle with the coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt. Place the top back on the pumpkin and put into the casserole pan of water.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until really tender. Enjoy!
119 calories, 3g fat, 24g carbohydrate, 12g sugar, 246mg sodium, 7g fiber, and 3g protein.