A protein shake is a fantastic way to fuel your muscles after a great workout, but simply combining protein powder and water can be pretty boring. I’ve found that adding ice and a few other strategic ingredients can turn that boring protein shake into dessert, while keeping it healthy and fit.
Blend up one of these Chocolate Mint Protein Shakes whenever you have the urge to eat a bowl of ice cream. It’s just as sweet and delicious, while being filled with the protein that your muscles need.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What You Need
- One cup ice
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dark chocolate
- One cup water
- 1 scoop high quality chocolate protein powder
- a few drops of organic peppermint flavoring (find next to vanilla extract at the store)
- fresh mint leaves to garnish (optional)
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Mix until smooth. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 198 calories, 6g fat, 80mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 20g protein