When working towards a fat loss goal it’s important to incorporate plenty of greens and lean protein into your diet, while removing starchy and grain-filled items. This Chicken and Butternut Squash Salad makes a really satisfying meal that will propel you towards your weight loss goals without making you feel like you’re missing out on tasty food 🙂
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Butternut Squash, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups Arugula
- 2 cups leftover roasted chicken, chopped
- 5 Dates, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cube the butternut squash and place in a large bowl. Toss it with the olive oil, cinnamon, paprika, cumin and sea salt.
- Spread over a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Stir the squash and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Combine the squash and all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 109 calories, 10g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 28mg sodium, 1g sugar, 2g fiber, and 4g protein.