We’ve just returned from the FAI Workshop and Summit in Phoenix, AR and have many things to share with you. Today I’m going to share with you something huge. In fact, I believe that this is the biggest secret to attaining that healthy and fit body you’ve been after for so many years.
If you’re like many, then your ideal healthy body has eluded you for quite some time. It’s not that you aren’t trying to workout and eat right, it’s just that you haven’t been able to find that one thing to take you all the way to success.
I want you to know what that one thing is, so your fitness results will never be lacking again. It’s quite simple, and yet stands as the truest and most important fitness advice you’ll ever receive…
The big secret is that…Your daily habits create your body.
What do I mean by daily habits? The things that you consistently do on a daily basis determine your body’s shape, strength and stamina.
That’s it. Nothing else matters as much as those daily habits.
The problem is that most of us have bursts of fitness motivation, when we eat clean and workout hard for a short time…but then the motivation wears off and we go back to our daily habits. That familiar routine that gives us comfort and security.
Your only focus, when it comes to shaping up, should be to make and keep a handful of healthy, dailyhabits. When these healthy habits become your comfortable routine, then you’ve hit fitness gold.
This is great news for two reasons:
- First, when you do something habitually it no longer requires a lot of brain power or motivation to get it done. It pretty much happens automatically. So once you’ve settled into your daily habits you’ll easily maintain them.
- Second, once your daily habits have been around long enough to transform you, then you get to give up the struggle of trying to lose fat. That quest, which has taken up so much of your time and mental energy, will be put to rest, leaving you time to go out and enjoy your life. Go crazy! Once you’ve achieved that healthy body of your dreams the ride is just begun. Now the fun really begins.
And so today take a few moments to determine which healthy, daily habits you will begin to include in your daily life, and continue to prompt yourself to do these until it becomes automatic and comfortable. While each and every one of you have unique situations and abilities, here is a general list of ideas of healthy daily habits to get you started…
- Daily resistance training workout – same time each day.
- Daily cardio bonus workout (walk, jog, bike etc) – same time each day.
- Daily protein shake to replace breakfast or lunch.
- Daily water drinking – bring your water bottle with you.
- Daily green drink.
- Daily salad at one meal.
- Daily bonus push-ups at home.
Go on, get working on your own personal list of daily fitness habits. Make these realistic actions that you could fit into your daily life, and watch as your body effortlessly transforms over the next several weeks.
Quick note for you overachievers: resist the urge to commit to difficult or extreme daily habits – these new habits are meant for the long run. So instead of saying that you’ll run 6 miles each day, only commit to 2 miles. Do those 2 miles everyday for a few months and you’ll see the value and truly life-changing powers of a daily habit.
Call or email me now and I’ll help you with your personalized list of daily habits. Of course one of those habits will be to workout with us each day! Talk about a life changing habit!