Warning: Only make this recipe if you want to take your taste buds on a seriously wild ride! The spice and flavors in this Cajun Grilled Shrimp are on full blast!
I highly recommend serving this firecracker shrimp over cauliflower rice dressed in lemon juice for cooling, calming flavors that create the perfect balance for spicy shrimp.
The shrimp grills very quickly, so be sure to have everything else prepared and ready to be served before you get those shrimps on the barbie… 🙂
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
For the Cajun Spice Blend:
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Shrimp:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 20 extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the Cilantro Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons scallions, whites only, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl combine the spice blend and mix well. Add the olive oil and shrimp and toss until well coated.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Skewer the shrimp by poking through the thickest part of the shrimp and also through the tail, so that it is secured in two places. Grill for about 7 minutes, turning halfway through, until cooked through.
- In a medium bowl combine the cilantro dressing ingredients. Brush the dressing over the cooked shrimp and serve immediately. Enjoy!
202 calories, 12g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 716mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 21g protein.