Bone Broth Braised Brussels Sprouts. Say that 10 times fast!
This is a tender take on Brussels Sprouts, infusing flavorful nutrients into each plump bite by simmering in bone broth. Ground turmeric adds pretty color and a host of nutritional benefits as well.
Make lots, these keep well in the fridge for the better part of a week.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts trimmed and halved (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup bone broth
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until warmed. Add the garlic and onions. Cook for 5 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the turmeric, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic powder and allow the spices to bloom for 3 minutes.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts and cook for 5 minutes, until the sprouts are caramelized. And add the bone broth, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until very tender.
- Season with more sea salt and black pepper and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
One cookie equals: 57 calories, 2g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 28mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 4g protein.