As another serving option, you could present the salad on large lettuce leaves or place over shredded green cabbage. Also feel free to experiment with the ingredients – swap out the black beans for your favorite type bean and switch up the protein from chicken to turkey or sausage. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped roasted chicken, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 287 calories, 2g fat, 24mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate, 11g fiber, and 22g protein