I am pleased to name Beverly Williams-Hawkins as the Your Personal Best Training Studio Client of the Year for 2008. We selected Beverly based upon her motivation, diligence and results. Beverly has been my Spiritual Director for over 5 years; and we have each in our own way, as professionals, helped the other with the Body, Mind, and Spirit connection. I have watched Beverly discern her reason to competitively body build. She is motivated primarily by inspiring others to seek a healthier life style. I continue in the hope that all our clients at Your Personal Best develop that connection of Mind, Body, and Spirit.
Congratulations and Happy Birthday, Beverly!
NAME: Beverly Williams-Hawkins
OCCUPATION: Registered Nurse
PERSONAL TRAINER: Lisa Wright
ORIGINAL FITNESS GOAL: “To enter and place in her division in a body building show in 2008.”
RESULTS TO DATE: Beverly has lost 15.75 pounds of scale weight; has added 4.85 pounds of muscle; and has lost 20.60 pounds of body fat. Overall she has reduced her body fat from 45.75% to 18%.
CURRENT HEALTH OR FITNESS GOAL: To enter and place in her division in the Texas Shredder Bodybuilding Show in 2009.
Q & A with Beverly Williams-Hawkins
- What is your best health or fitness achievement? I am not sure about the best; but my most fun fitness achievement was running the bridge in the Beach to Bay Marathon.
- What is your fitness routine? For the past year and a half I lifted weights 2-3 days per week an did 30-45 minutes of cardio 5 days per week. Currently I life weights 4 days per week and do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days per week.
- Why do you exercise? I exercise because Lisa makes me; and because I feel my best when I do.
- What is your favorite health food? Scrambled egg whites with spinach, red peppers and a pinch of freshly shredded parmesan in a whole grain wrap.
- What is your favorite indulgence? (food or spa) My favorite indulgence food is bread, lots of it, dipped in olive oil with balsamic vinegar and cracked pepper. My favorite spa is Tennessee Fitness Spa – fun and affordable.
- What is your must-have piece of gear? My heart monitor to keep up with the calories I burn when I work out.
- What is your health and fitness advice? Trust your body to let you know what it most needs and find a trained professional to help you achieve your goals. Most importantly, believe in your ability to be your personal best and don’t take the summer off!
- What sport would you like to try? I would like to complete a marathon.
- What is your favorite health or fitness book/cookbook? Your Personal Best Fitness Daily Journal – it keeps me honest.
- What is your biggest challenge when it comes to eating right or working out? Food. I love to eat it. Creating a fitness schedule that fits my work schedule and my abhorrence to a packed gym.
- What music do you listen to while working out? I like some really old stuff I listen to sometimes when I am doing cardio. I prefer to lift without music; but that’s not possible at my new gym so I listen to whatever they’re playing. It’s okay.
- What do you think is the best benefit of working out or eating right? Feeling like I have honored my body temple.