Here’s a great snack or appetizer to share with friends and family during holiday festivities. The nitrate-free bacon and scallops contain healthy protein that will provide usable nutrients for your day. To keep on track with your diet, stay away from appetizers that are fried or filled with carbohydrates.
What you need
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-cloves garlic, minced
- dash of sweet paprika
- dash of salt and pepper
- 6-slices nitrate free bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 fresh scallops
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil, set aside.
- Over very low heat, in a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl. Add the garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each scallop in the seasoned coconut oil, then wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the scallops cook through and the bacon is crisp.
- Serve immediately.
One serving equals 92 calories, 7g fat, 133mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 7g protein