Serve this flavorful Southwestern Chicken Dinner with a heaping side of dark leafy greens. This is the epitome of a meal focused on protein and fiber. It’s meals like this that will melt off body fat and improve your health and fitness. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What You Need
- 2 lbs organic chicken breast
- Dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- One small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoon chili in adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- One Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- One teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Butterfly cut the chicken, opening each breast up like a book. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a baking pan and set aside in the fridge as you prepare the sauce.
- Place the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to cook for about 10 minutes. Use a hand blender to puree the sauce until smooth.
- Coat the chicken with half of the sauce and marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the chicken with foil and bake chicken for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve warm with a spoonful of the reserved sauce. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 304 calories, 17g fat, 336mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 18g protein.